Games for Events discussions

A place to list and discuss geocaching events.

Moderator: Moderator

Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:20 pm

This thread can be the place to talk about caching games, submit new ideas and argue about the rules.

The original thread can be used to simply list all the games and their details.
Maybe one post per game.
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby scoutingwv on Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:46 pm

wvhunter wrote:This thread can be the place to talk about caching games, submit new ideas and argue about the rules.

The original thread can be used to simply list all the games and their details.
Maybe one post per game.


didn't we already start one of these?
scoutingwv
 

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:01 pm

The Games for Events thread is JUST for listing each game and its rules.
This thread is for all the chit chat about the games in general.
(And for the inevitable off topic posts. :???: )
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter74 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:25 am

(And for the inevitable off topic posts. )

Maybe thats a game in itself lol
User avatar
wvhunter74
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: chapmanville wv

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:49 am

wvhunter74 wrote:
(And for the inevitable off topic posts. )

Maybe thats a game in itself lol

For this group it definitely is!!!
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter74 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:51 am

wvhunter wrote:
wvhunter74 wrote:
(And for the inevitable off topic posts. )

Maybe thats a game in itself lol

For this group it definitely is!!!

The rules are go off topic and drink lots of beer lol
User avatar
wvhunter74
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: chapmanville wv

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby Knight who says Ni on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:03 am

wvhunter74 wrote:The rules are go off topic and drink lots of beer lol



HA! I wondered how long it would take before beer was mentioned. It was especially quick with the 'hunters! :grin:
Adventure is a romantic name for trouble. ~Louis L'Amour
User avatar
Knight who says Ni
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: the cave of Kyre Banorg

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby scoutingwv on Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:36 am

Knight who says Ni wrote:
wvhunter74 wrote:The rules are go off topic and drink lots of beer lol


HA! I wondered how long it would take before beer was mentioned. It was especially quick with the 'hunters! :grin:


Yeah, I was wondering the same. I think they set a new yeast speed record!
scoutingwv
 

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter on Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Thanx to scoutingwv!!!
The new games are excellent!! I wish I was able to participate in the frozen t-shirt game.
Sounds like a blast!
Anatomy (n): something everyone has, but which looks better on a girl.

Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.
User avatar
wvhunter
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: YOUR neighborhood pub! Who's buying?

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby wvhunter74 on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:52 am

scoutingwv wrote:
Knight who says Ni wrote:
wvhunter74 wrote:The rules are go off topic and drink lots of beer lol


HA! I wondered how long it would take before beer was mentioned. It was especially quick with the 'hunters! :grin:


Yeah, I was wondering the same. I think they set a new yeast speed record!

is there a yeast speed record if so maybe we will lol
User avatar
wvhunter74
 
Posts: 897
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm
Location: chapmanville wv

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby scoutingwv on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 am

Thought it may be timely to bump this thread.

I'm wondering if those involved in any of the recent geo-events would care to share the activities and games? Could be useful for others and for planning future events.
scoutingwv
 

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

scoutingwv wrote:Thought it may be timely to bump this thread.

I'm wondering if those involved in any of the recent geo-events would care to share the activities and games? Could be useful for others and for planning future events.


Nice bump of the thread, sir.

I'll say what we did here (and then I guess go over the other topic where rules are put up about how to play said games)

at the 4th Great MEAT-n-Greet we played:

Find the X
Ammo Can Toss
What's in the Ammo Can?
Let's Make a Deal!
Famous Couples (an exercise in forced mingling)

Also thebuddhaman & mrs buddhaman were nice enough to have some games for the kiddos.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby scoutingwv on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:59 am

Nifty!

Can rules, materials, and stuff for those be posted on the Games for Events thread if they aren't already there? :grin:
scoutingwv
 

Re: Games for Events discussions

Postby Spotty Spotty Pony Girl on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:19 am

scoutingwv wrote:Nifty!

Can rules, materials, and stuff for those be posted on the Games for Events thread if they aren't already there? :grin:


they CAN....

I Let's Make a Deal already was there, ammo can too. Work got in the way of me adding anything else besides the Famous Couples. I'll keep at it.
Sidekick LWB said to sidekick engineer, 'I've hung out with people i've met on the internet before but i've never run into any of them in the middle of the woods.' (Upper Yough Trek)

Buffaloes and tigers are one thing, but mustelids are not to be trifled with.
User avatar
Spotty Spotty Pony Girl
 
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:51 pm
Location: the barn


Return to Geocaching Events

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron